Monday, October 18, 2004

Superbloke vs. Creepyguy

Over the weekend I visited one of my favorite haunts in downtown New York, the Housing Works Bookstore Café, on Crosby Street. I was flipping through a book of photographs of JFK (the original) and his wide-eyed bride Jackie. What a charismatic duo that was! That Kennedy bloke was pretty fast on his feet (and off them as well), and the debates with Nixon (the original) were pretty revealing: Superbloke vs. Creepyguy. Anyway, I remembered reading how close that damn election was (it really came down to the wire, with apparently non people and dead folks voting on either side), and I thought: if the Original JFK had a hard time getting elected, how in hell is this new JFK gonna make it? Just some more pre-election jitters for ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home