Monday, October 04, 2004

Love of Jazz

Saw the Brad Mehldau Quartet at the Village Vanguard on Friday night. Mehldau pratically lives at the Vanguard -- at least when he's in New York -- and he always sells out there. For those of you who don't know his work, it's kind of Bill Evans-y and his intrerest shows astonishihng range. Particularly nifty are his Radiohead covers, which are truly beautiful. I walk around with his music on my iPod, but I was a little disappointed at the set I heard on Friday as he was playing not with his usual trio but with a quartet featuring Mark Turner on sax. So Turner played a lot of the melodies that Mehldau usually plays on the pinao, and it sounded fine, but it's not why I go to a Brad Mehldau show.

(Note: A normal person -- say, my brother -- would put a link to the official Brad Mehldau website somewhere around here, but I have no idea how to do this. In fact, I can't even post pictures or photographs on this blog because Blogger evidently doens't support Macs. If any of you out there know otherwise, please inform.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home